June Dishcloths

I think that I’ve said pretty much all that there is to say about dishcloths, so this is just going to be a photographic show and tell! I’m sure that no one will mind. 🙂 😉

Monthly Dishcloths June KAL

June Monthly Dishcloth KAL

Monthly Dishcloth Mid-June KAL

Monthly Dishcloths Mid-June KAL

Rachel’s knitting Room June KAL

BCR8VE

Potholder/Dishcloth

Dishcloth/Potholder

I have got another dishcloth started for J, but once I am finished with that one, it is going to be a while before I knit another dishcloth. I have plenty, and it’s easier to store the unused dishcloth yarn than it is to store 800 dishcloths! 🙂

FO: V-stitch Baby Blanket

I am SO happy with the way this blanket turned out! Finally a project that I can consider a winner!!!

The pattern is the Little V-stitch baby blanket from Lion Brand patterns. My row gauge was WAY WAY off (8 rows = 4″ rather than 5 rows = 4″), so I had to compromise with my materials. Instead of being able to get the entire blanket and border out of my 2 skeins of Cotton Ease in Terra Cotta, I had to complete the blanket in that and then use the Almond for the border. I think I like the way that this turned out better than if it had been all in one color!  I was a little doubtful at first.

The finished measurements are approximately 26″ x 26″, which is still smaller than the pattern dictates (28″ x 30″). I am ok with that, since this is still a good size for a stroller, crib, or car seat.

This was my first time at doing a crocheted picot border and I really love it.  So much easier than I thought it would be and the result is just adorable – I am going to have to come back to this edging in the future for other baby items!

I am not sure who I am going to be gifting this to just yet. I mainly decided to make it so that I could use up some of my stash AND have a gender neutral baby gift ready for any upcoming showers I might be called to attend.  One of my friends from college just found out that she is having a baby in December so she just might be the lucky recipient, I guess I’ll just have to wait and see.

Back at It.

I haven’t been anywhere, I just haven’t been knitting/crocheting and posting like I should! The summer really makes me useless – it’s HOT here and when I get home in the evenings all I want to do is sit and stare at the wall. Couple that with all of the things that I SHOULD be doing, and I get nothing accomplished! 🙂 😐

But I did manage to turn out a FO this weekend:

Kate the Cat from knitty! I am not 100% pleased with this at all, due to my yarn/needle combination and my still crappy embroidery skills. (I really need some more practice!) But I think that this turned out Ok, despite the obvious flaws. I used Lion Brand Cotton Ease, and while my fabric is way too stretchy, I really like the colors. (Almond, Berry, Lake and Lime) I used size 7 needles and really, should have used 5s. This was so hard to stuff! The face is really so stretched out, and that makes me sad. 😦

This will be my last amigurumi for a while, unless they are to give away (which incidentally this one IS). I am really going to try and get some yarn used up since I will be moving in with J at the end of next month. I found a few afghan patterns I’d like to try, but first things first, I am going to attempt to finish up some projects that are ongoing and NEVER ENDING.

May Dishcloths!!

Happy June!!

It’s now time for our review of dishcloths completed in May!

Monthly Dishcloths Yahoo Group

For this cloth I used Sugar N Cream in Hot Purple and size 6 needles. I was a excited about this cloth b/c it was the first one I knit after getting engaged. I think that’s a good sign! 🙂 If you’d like to knit it, the pattern can be found here.

This cloth is knit using size 6s and Peaches & Cream Daisy Ombre. I made a mistake in this one. Technically, this should be the back and it should have eyelets, but this is my result. After checking out the group, and the Ravelry group, I think a lot of other people made this same mistake – the directions were a little shady in my opinion. After seeing what it should look like, I prefer the ‘wrong’ way.

Rachels Knitting Group Yahoo Group

Sugar n Cream in Hot Green and size 7 needles. This was a nice change from all of the word dishcloths and knit/purl picture dishcloths. I enjoyed trying to guess what it was going to be, for the first few days I was thinking butterfly. I was wrong! 🙂 Pattern can be found here.

Test Knit for the yahoo group, KnitALittle

I thought this was cute, so I really couldn’t resist. This pattern, and others with a pig theme, should be available at the Knit A Little site before too long. I used Sugar N Cream Rose Pink and size 6 needles for this cloth.

Coming Up:

June is going to be a busy knitting/crochet month. I have discovered Tawashis!!! Also, I am really hoping to finish up Juliet, and I have one more amigurumi to complete. Then it is on to some more serious stash-busting projects! 🙂 My UFO count is on the rise again, but that includes a few baby blankets, etc., which I hope to get a chance to work on this week.

Tomorrow I am going to the bridal shop to have my gown fitted – the wedding is so close!!! I still have a good bit to do, but thankfully a lot of the major items have been taken care of! 🙂